Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One of those days

You know those days where everything goes smoothly, and just clicks into place; where you accomplish everything on your 'to-do' list, and more?

Today wasn't one of those days.

I got pulled in a zillion different directions at work, had to deal with..well..not sure what the nice way to say 'people who just aren't stepping up' is, but those kind of people, and didn't get much of my own tasks down.

On the way home from work, I had to deal with people cutting me off constantly, signalling sometimes, other times not.  Granted the Insight is a small-ish car, but not invisible.

Then when I got home, my stomach started to act up, so my dinner consisted of a little bit of sushi and a swig of pepto.

So, I had one of those "other" days.  Tomorrow should be interesting.  Full of meetings, one of which is an 'engagement' survey, where management reviews a survey we completed last year, tells us that things are going to change, then promptly forgets everything until next year.  Forgive me for being a bit jaded, but having been at the same company for nearly 25 years, I've seen this pattern before, and I haven't seen any real desire to change it.  I no longer hope that 'maybe it'll be different this year'.  I leave that to the new guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment